10/7/14

Demonically Posessed! Bootleg Superman Action Figure :: Countdown to Halloween 2014

Even Superman himself can't see through this bootleg for all the lead in the paint!

Okay, I don't know for certain this derpy Superman bootleg has unsafe amounts of lead in it, but I can say I feel stupider since bringing it into the house.

I found this creepy Superman in a box of free toys someone had left out on the curb after a garage sale. I'm pretty sure there are at least a few horror movies that started that way.

Forget Pennywise, THIS guy is likely to kill me in my sleep!

What amazes me about this guy is that he appears to be an original creation designed to emulate (but not directly copy) the 6"ish Fisher-Price superhero figures that were around a few years back.

Bootleg Superman has no markings whatsoever, so I have no way of knowing when he was made, and clearly whoever is responsible wanted no credit for their work. Shocking, I know.

9 comments:

  1. He has gorilla arms! And that face, *shudder*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine many a lady has uttered exactly those words when she met her blind date.

      Delete
  2. He looks like the new 52 version!A little.O.k. he looks like a demonically posessed Superman :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some might argue the New52 is demonically possessed too.

      Delete
  3. This dude is awesome! With just the right amount of wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing about some bootlegs is that they came from the factory with this level of wear - not sure if anyone actually played with it (or fought it off) to get it this roughed up!

      Delete
  4. I like it more than the Fisher Price ones, I think...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This a nice bootleg, there are with luminuos body and is part of a collection of 15 figures, inlcuding Marvel and Dc characters, I have all of them if you like to knowing them

    ReplyDelete